I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Ten Commandments of Quizzing and Bob Dylan

As I was discussing earlier, the ten commandments are here.
...3) Thou shalt read the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius (and try, as far as possible, not to implement any of that nonsense in thy 'life'.)
3a) Thous shall try, as far as possible, not to have a life in which anything can be implemented.
4) Thou shalt make obnoxious comparisons of 'The Outsider' and 'The Cathcer in the Rye' to near complete strangers in the U-Special...
...7) Thou shalt, whenever possible, commit adultery (Ditch thy Partner)...
We lived and died a million times for these commandments. Ah, the brave follies of youth. Bring a tear to my older eye. Now, hear Bob singing about us quizzers:
"...Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow.
Ah, but I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now.

Girls' faces formed the forward path
From phony jealousy
To memorizing politics
Of ancient history
Flung down by corpse evangelists
Unthought of, though, somehow.
Ah, but I was so much older then,
I'm younger than that now..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. D said...

aha!

Saturday, June 24, 2006 6:56:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Na hole ki?

Sunday, June 25, 2006 9:32:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers