I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Monday, February 06, 2006

Next Big Thing

Although UP has AV Jayprakash to thank for their maiden Ranji triumph as he managed to get the scalps of Rohan Gavaskar and Manoj Tiwary, it should also give a big applause to Piyush Chawla. His crucial 5 wickets, including Laxmi Ratan Shukla who was 3-4 hits away from getting Bengal a first innings lead, delivered what AV Jayprakash promised.

According to me, Piyush should be in the Indian Test team now (is perhaps too profilgate for ODIs at the moment). Instead he's displaying his wares in the Under-19 World cup, where last I found out, he is bowling against tough oppositions like Namibia (3/28 in 10 overs).

My suggestion to the Indian board - prepare dust bowls for the England tour, like in 92-93, when Graham Gooch's team fell like ninepins, and get Chawla, Bhajji and Kumble on the Ashes winners. No need of tracks with something in it for everybody. No need for the last Nagpur Test. Let the ball spin like in the good old days.

It might not be all bad for the English though. Perhaps, that's the only way, we'll get to see Monty in action in a Test match.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ravikiran said...

Good to see the series of posts here.

My blog with its imaginary reader is sometimes my Alter Ego. I noticed indications of that in your posts too.

On the same topic; I am trying to answer a question myself, where shall I draw the boundary between my mindspace , my journal (a diary) and my blog.

Monday, February 06, 2006 4:17:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers