I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Thursday, August 17, 2006

KANK reviews

As suggested by Mr. D, I thought I would find some KANK reviews and share with you:
NYT has a close look at the movie,
"Soon Dev is lovestruck, and who can blame him: Ms. Mukherji’s eye makeup, which we get to observe in detail, is much better than Ms. Zinta’s..."

Times of Oman cuts a secret deal with KJ to write an intellectual review,
"They are educated westernised headstrong people and are willing to pay the price of their doings and undoings.
Often such an occurrence is not something which cannot be overcome. Most people who use their head are able to stand on their feet. And others who listen to their hearts end up falling in love — and often falling flat on their faces."

BBC has a balanced take on the film,
"To date this is Karan's finest work without a doubt... Anil Mehta's cinematography captures New York brilliantly... Musical score by the trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy elevates the film to a higher level of refinement...
If you thought Veer Zaara was his (SRK's) best work to date, then watch his performance here... Rani Mukerjee once again takes the trophy as Bollywood's best actress. If she did well in the film, Black, here she goes one step further as her talent exudes infinitely... Abhishek Bachchan too has given a superb performance. Simply brilliant!... Preity Zinta too gives her best... Do watch out for the two special appearances by Kajol and John Abraham in the song sequences. This adds extra boost to the film."

Moviefone makes a succinct point of view,
"This move should not be called "Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna", it should be called "Kabhi Over Acting Na Kerna"..."

Arun at IMDB has a recipe to offer,
" I make onion poha for breakfast thrice a week, with the bare minimum ingredients possible. One day I tried to experiment some (inspired by the stalls outside my Engineering college) and tried some sugar (caramelized onions anyone?), extra turmeric and some red chilli powder. The result was anything but edible but I humbly gulped it down."

I unfortunately am a luckless soul who hasn't watched the film yet. In case you want to read my review though, go here.

7 Comments:

Blogger ggop said...

BBC review balanced? Looks more like gushing. I've read so many negative reviews now that if I watch this movie, it will be an act of masochism.
-gg

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:02:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Ggop, Next time I try and make a joke, I would put smileys. :-) Sorry for the inconvenience this time :-)

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:05:00 AM

 
Blogger ggop said...

Sorry I completely missed the satire.
Need more caffeine. :-)
gg

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:25:00 AM

 
Blogger corporate whore said...

No DK2, there is nothing in the BBC review that even hints at satire. It looks like a really earnest plug. Its like the Johar and Chopra mafia doing some agenda setting.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:27:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Corp Whore, I completely agree and THEREFORE, I called it a balanced view :-)
I can't believe I have to go on about this!! :-)

Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guys. the movie was not bad. for once, the topic was relevant. and except for shahrukh, noone really over-acted.

it did get corny in the typicaly KJ style which didn't go down well with the cynic in me.

but overall, not bad. and atleast 20 times better than K3G...

Friday, August 18, 2006 12:20:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Anon, Take 0 on a scale of 0-10. Multiply that by 20. OR 500. What's the answer?

Monday, August 21, 2006 4:01:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers