I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Bipasha Black Beauty

Needhi Gill has sent a legal notice to Bipasha Basu for maligning her. Needhi's acting in a movie called "Bipasha Black Beauty".

Bipasha had responded sharply against the movie, "I think they are making a mockery of my name. I have a beautiful name. This is a C-grade film with a C-grade actress in it and hope it is not based on my life. As for my life, I don't think it's worth making a film on."

However, the movie apparently is not connected to Bipasha's life in any way. It's an absolutely novel story of a girl who wants to become an actress. It just happens to star a John Abraham lookalike opposite the lead actress.

Needhi says that "Bipasha should have instead clarified with the producer or the director before commenting on the film". Needhi's lawyer said, "Bipasha is a common name, just like Ram, Shyam, Mohan, Suresh, Ganesh. Coincidentally her name is similar. So what?"

I believe the girl. This movie isn't about Bipasha Basu, just like Gavaskar wasn't about Sunil Gavaskar (Sorry!) Border wasn't about Allan Border.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. Alfred Prufrock said...

Fun post, but for a moment I thought I was reading India Uncut. DhoomVerma?!

J.A.P.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 6:43:00 AM

 
Blogger SaidBack said...

This reminds me of that song "Mallika I Hate You", or something like that.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:58:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

J.A.P., no, that would mean inventing a new joke every time and not regurgitating old jokes about Border. Need a little more time on my hands for that!

Peppered soul on ice, that's some name. Yes, wonder what Mallika had to say about that.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 7:13:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers