I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Coincidence

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

God is after all God
"Against a brilliant and challenging spell of quality seam bowling, Dravid looked absolutely lost during his 42-ball-22. Tendulkar on the other hand was supremely in command, displaying ample evidence of the magical touch which I surmised him as having regained a few days back."
(from Vantage Point)

February 13, 2006

Yuvraj and Dhoni clinch the win

"Unlike Dravid, who looked mostly lost against a magnificent spell of seam bowling, Tendulkar left with precision and displayed signs of his vintage best."

(From Cricinfo)

Coincidence? While I disagree with the premise of the first blog (Tendulkar's technique better than Dravid's*), what is amazing is that both writers have similar words and thought. When the maintream media has been quite active in writing 'inspired' pieces, bloggers have quickly pounced on them (here and here and here). Which is good. And I am not going to draw any conclusions here.

*Being a fan of Rahul Dravid, I believe an innings where you play and miss and offer a couple of chances is more Afridi than Gavaskar. So, while I am rejoicing that Tendulkar is finally contributing to the team, I don't think it's time yet to put his technique over Dravid's. Attacking technique yes. But playing through the worst of conditions (Headingley, 2002) is Dravid's forte. But more about that when I have time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers