I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Monday, May 15, 2006

Zimbabwe over Nadal vs. Federer

So Nadal beat Federer once again. Indian television didn't cover one of the matches of the season and instead showed cricket between Zimbabwe and West Indies amongst other things. None of the channels have their priorities right. Good thing.

I followed the game on the ATP website. Here, I chanced upon a really good set of journals in their blog sections. Do read. Well worth your time.

Thomas Johansson writes, "...I had a little panic attack before I went out to play tonight. I was watching Marat Safin's match in the locker room with Roger Federer and Tim Henman and the television started to play up. The lines were going up and down and then they weren't even straight. I asked Roger and Tim if it was the TV or my eyesight and they said "The TV is perfectly okay." Of course, they were just having a little fun at my expense..."

And Ivan Ljubicic writes about India, "...India is a huge country with a lot of people and media, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised with all the questions..." and "...I was scheduled to play third match from five o'clock tonight so I warmed up between 4 pm and 4.30 pm with a local guy, Bopanna, who will be a very good player." He's being nice to us.

1 Comments:

Blogger dhoomketu said...

don't think replays capture the spirit of a game (if you know the result). However, would have loved to catch the replay.. Have missed it.

Friday, May 19, 2006 4:35:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers