I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Water Happy (Part 1): Domestic river

So, I went rafting this weekend and as is usual in my relationships with physical pursuits, discovered pain in places where muscles didn't exist.

However, the was much higher three years back. The Ganga seemed to have settled down since the last time I was there. Three years back it was a seething mass of water pulsating like a collegian with an extra shot of hormones. Now it seemed content with domestic bliss. Boring rapids, one after the other, even the famed Golf course seemed in a rapid need of redesigning.

Thus, I spent a lot of time body-surfing. The water was cool and the sun hot. Once in water, we didn't want to get out. We didn't have to, for large stretches.

I heard that this is responsible for reduction in volume of water. If it is, then it is a mighty shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers