I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Would you want to come up for coffee??

We have always known that this line is an euphemism for something else, but it's only recently that the Mumbai Moral Brigade has realised this.

''I told senior police inspector D N Jadhav of Oshivara police station to keep tabs and we found that such places had indeed become pick-up joints visited by pimps and prostitutes. That is why we have asked them to allow people only to sit inside and remove tables from the verandahs,'' the police said.

The only question in my mind is why can't prostitution happen inside the cafes? Rakshanda agrees, "...Strange things are happening elsewhere in Mumbai, but I have never come across anything seedy at the coffee shops in Oshiwara...". Strange indeed.

3 Comments:

Blogger corporate whore said...

Read about this in happening in Lokhandwala. Was always enamoured by Lokhs. In fact it was a standing joke between me and Mr D. A bombay trip for a tourist was not complete without the starlet hunting routine in Lokhandwala.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:15:00 PM

 
Blogger corporate whore said...

The best part is some dudes complained (must be the Gujaratis of your next post) and then the cops swung into action. Clear case of someone not getting some action, or not willing to pay for it.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:17:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Go easy on the Gujjus, I say. Look what happened to poor Yash because Aamir said things. Now, I hope Gujjus don't ban my blog because of you!

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:19:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers