I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Monday, May 29, 2006

House full and a poster

The reason there's no review about Fanaa or Da Vinci Code on this blog is that I couldn't find tickets this weekend.

However, I have reason to believe that both movies will be disappointing. But I shall not comment till I see any of them, by which time it will be too late to comment. Hence, I must mention now that I believe Jabberwock when he says that Kajol and Aamir do not have chemistry. I saw them on "Fanaa for you" on MTV, where there conversation was like morphine on a Friday night after you had a long party at a disc after going through a hundred-hour week.

Sorry for the long-winded metaphor, but that's what the conversation was like. Aamir would knit up his eyebrows in that quizzical manner which he learnt in Dil Chahta Hai, say something like, "Okay, what is your philosophy of acting?". Kajol would wait for two seconds, giggle (like she's meant to) and say something like, "What's yours?". Aamir would look thoughtful, and in his own pensive manner, which he learnt in Sarfarosh, say "I will tell you. But first you tell me." This will be repeated two times, before Kajol would forget her cue, look around and say, "I am instinctive. I just react. I heard you spend far more time on the role..." Just when it looks like there's going to be a long sentence spoken by her, Aamir would interrupt and say, "There are three things important for me in the movie - the script, the director and the producer." And so on.

I left in the middle, so don't know whether things brightened up in the second half, like in Fanaa.

Coming back to the point, I did try to get tickets for the movie. However, some halls were not showing the movie. Others had sold out. This hall in Dadar where I landed up also had a 'house full' sign. Plus, there were four-five policemen patrolling the yard, looking for touts or for tickets, not sure which. Hence, I didn't make eye-gestures at the people who looked like they would be able to help me out.

So, I walked out. And met this poster outside. It talked about this guy AVG (aka joroo ka ghulam i.e. henpecked husband) and his misdeeds. His crimes included lechery, treachery, having a mistress, absconding with people's money, embezzlement and eating non-veg food. Actually, not only does he eat non-veg himself, but also he had made his entire family eat it. His family was thus called names as well in the poster.

What captured my attention though was not the messages itself, but the photo which accompanied the text.
Wonder whether she's charging an endorsement amount for this.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bombay Addict said...

DK2 - saw both. and yes they are dis........ (eeks, I hope I didn't spoil your fun?)

Posted on Fanaa, in fact I was so pissed I even did a blogroll.

And hey - noticed the change on posting comments here. Good !

Monday, May 29, 2006 9:04:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

B.A., Thanks for stopping just in time.. Actually, I'm changing back my comments policy again. Will keep experimenting till I find what works best.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:46:00 AM

 
Blogger corporate whore said...

Is that his mistress? Or the non veg? Or what?

As for Fanaa, i can see the Aamir muffler making it big with Hindi Speaking Audiences. And the overinstrumentated (hey, new word!) title track composed by Jatin of Lalit fame comes close behind.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:19:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Non-veg mistress. Btw, what you are doing is hunting cool (or rather uncool).

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:43:00 AM

 
Blogger corporate whore said...

"hunting" cool? Whats that?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:26:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

It's a concept in itself. From Pattern Recognition, by William Gibson. Picking up the muffler trend is in a way the opposite of coolhunting.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 9:40:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers