I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Serious trouble will bypass me in my cubicle

My orkut fortune teller says, "Serious trouble will bypass you". What that does mean?

Will minor trouble hit me? Will minor trouble not hit me? Or will serious trouble hit someone around me, but not me?

Is prior knowledge of absence of serious trouble enough for me to venture out? Or should I stay home tonight? And what is serious trouble? Since it's my fortune, is it by my definition of seriousness? Or does the Chinese cookie factory behind Orkut headquarters have a different definition?

Also, at the end of the day, how will I know that serious trouble has bypassed me and not missed me by a mile? Will whoever, serious trouble has hit, let me know? Or is mere safety enough? Am I tempting fate by asking such questions?

Enough of tomfoolery. Now, you should go hear and see My Cubicle, based on James Blunt's song, on youtube as a karaoke version. This is a creation of this beautifully named website. I have to thank the Laboratory for sending me the video by mail. Thank you.

The lyrics are here. Two really cool videos of the same song, one as a response to another, are also on youtube. A version of Wierd Al's parody of the same song is here.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude..!! i too confronted with the same thing. My orkut fortune teller says "Serious trouble will bypass you" & i am serious mannnnn... i m just scared wht shud i do ?????
ok leave it not an issue, i will live my normal life & if serious trouble really bypasses me then i let u know.
rajeshkoshti@rediff.com

Friday, August 24, 2007 6:30:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man. my orkut fortune teller told me exact same thing. serious trouble will bypass me". and today i fell of frm bicycle and i hurt at my hand. so tht mean he was tellin me the right thing. ok buddy `l8r. frm ahead i will carefull with this serious troubles or w.e.

later man

Friday, September 07, 2007 12:47:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today, even for me orkut fortune teller told the same.. i searched google to find out what that meant..and endedup in this site.. I too do not know what that sentence exactly means

Monday, March 10, 2008 7:07:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got the samething "Serious trouble will bypass you"..today morning i fought with my close friend..after the fight wen i open the orkut i saw these words..
I dont b'live these thing .. Even though thr s somthing .. i dont know wat 2say....
Immu_182005@yahoo.com

Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:09:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heyyyy!!

guys just chill... the meaning of this fortune "a serious trouble will bypass you" is that "the serious trouble will not hit you"... bypass means "avoidance".. so if there is any serious trouble don't worry cuz u will be avoided..

just chill;)

sherry...

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:09:00 AM

 
Blogger Karthik SR said...

Hey I too agree Sherry .. me too get this fortune at orkut . i was scared first later i was cooled by thinking Positively ..
So dont worry .. Serious trouble will cross you but that will Not disturb you .. Let us think like this .. Lets thinks positively ....

"Positive thinking makes life Happen"

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:13:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys, even i got the same thing in my orkut. am worried n googled the meaning of it n i ended here. am really worried. what does tat mean?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:55:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

After I open de cookie I saw this words.
*Serious trouble will bypass you*😱

Monday, May 31, 2021 1:00:00 PM

 
Anonymous Curtain Cleaning Concord said...

Gratteful for sharing this

Saturday, November 05, 2022 1:16:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers