I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Kissing season

Amit Varma writes about kissing blogging that he wants to do with Jessica Alba, after getting inspired by Emraan's prank.

It does seem that Bollywood is feeling inspired by kissing pranks. From Mumbai Mirror (actual link doesn't work usually, therefore cached with important parts highlighted!)
"...During the picturisation of an intimate kissing scene between Dia and Akshay, Akshay asked Ashu for a retake. The second time round, he chewed on plenty of garlic and blew his foul breath on Dia.

“Alag is an emotional film, and we were very serious on the sets most of the time,” says Akshay.
“However, the prankster in me was waiting to be let loose. So I told Ashu about my intentions and he agreed to help me play a prank on Dia. I chewed on several cloves of garlic just before the kissing scene. Everything was fine till I blew the garlic breath on her face. All hell broke lose then, and Dia freaked out. She was stunned. Soon, however, she realised that it was only a prank. She chased me all over the set, cursing me, and we all ended up having a good laughing over it.”
I have met some people who get pretty emotional and serious about garlic breath as well. But, why would Dia chase someone with garlic breath is beyond me. I guess strange are the ways of Bollywood. Yahoo has a different version. Subi Samuel (director) says,
"There was a very intense scene in which Akshay and Dia kiss. He's crying and there are some intense dialogues. Akshay had a mouth full of garlic. We had already canned the scene. But we had ganged up and kept on re-shooting! Diya kept on doing the scene with the same intensity! Akshay just burst out laughing."
Thus ends investigative journalism for this week. The verdict is with you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mr. D said...

this is what it'[s come to, now?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:22:00 PM

 
Blogger corporate whore said...

yes truly, is this what it's come to now?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:38:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Thompson and Thomson, this is what it has come to, now.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:46:00 PM

 
Blogger amit varma said...

Hello, dude, I never said anything about kissing Jessica Alba. (Why would I want to do that?) If you read my quote carefully, it is all about blogging with Jessica Alba. A shockingly tabloidish misrepresentation, I must say. (Why else would I say it?)

So this is what it's come to now?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:20:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Amit, Chinese whispers it's called. Sorry, if it gets you into trouble with partner. Edits have been made..

What is this that it's come to now?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 1:06:00 AM

 
Blogger neha vish said...

Dhoomketu, how wonderfully selfless of you to comb through references for kissing and them bring them to your time-starved readers. So we can keep abreast of all kissing.

What a pure soul you have. Sniff.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:12:00 AM

 
Blogger amit varma said...

The Chinese must be on to something, because since you've put that thought in my head, of doing something-that-is-not-blogging with Ms Alba, I can't stop thinking about it. I suspect you've corrupted me forever.

So this is what it's come down to!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 2:48:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Neha Vish, learning from you and the Che Guevara and Soviet underwear posts!!

Amit, yes, now you have an alibi. Go ahead. Have not-blogging experiences. Use my name, if you need.

Is this what it's come to?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 3:06:00 AM

 
Blogger neha vish said...

That was below-belt attack Dhoomketu! Sheeeeesh

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:37:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Neha Vish, couldn't resist. Sorry. :-)

Thursday, June 08, 2006 2:29:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers