I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Friday, April 21, 2006

The Girl by the Sea


The sea always looks blue in my dreams.
It always roars, it always foams, it always crashes into me.
The sea never slithers away, brown and grey.
It never mirrors the sky just below me, sweeping out my shadow
as it smoothens the ground.
It never sighs softly into my ears
as I pick up the clams.
It never stops just before it will crash into my lithe self (not that I have a lithe self).

It does so for her.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bombay Addict said...

lovely ! who's the girl ?

Saturday, April 22, 2006 1:38:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

I didn't get her name. Sigh.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 9:57:00 AM

 
Blogger Selma Mirza said...

i'm curious too. who *is* she? :-)

Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:06:00 PM

 
Blogger Mr. D said...

:)

Monday, April 24, 2006 9:54:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Evenstar, seriously. She's just a girl I saw at the beach, collecting clams for dinner. I should have asked her name.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:27:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers