I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Monday, April 10, 2006

Children's film society's contribution

This is one reason why I have named myself thus. People having the dubious fortune of wading through CBSE education remember the screenplay as one of the short stories in their coursework. People on the wrong side of 25 (and a few child prodigies on the right side) might also remember the movie. I was reminded of this movie/ story when I connected back with auld acquaintance Neha.

The second reason is that my grandfather had this amongst one of his stage names. I always thought it to have a nice ring. By the way, I can justify the name to mean someone who shines for a brief period, captures attention and disappears for many a year after that, but that is all theorizing after the event, unless you ask my old friends.

Also, do check out the intriguing Google image search results for 'dhoomketu'.

On another note, I hope people will learn the very basic in economics (Dibyo, this is not about you, though I hope you have learnt about Giffen goods by now).
But then, I also hope that there will be world peace, I will get unlimited shondesh and beer, Holland will win the World Cup, Tendulkar will win India the World Cup, Indian GDP will grow at a faster rate than China... None of that is going to happen anytime soon, is it?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Giffin*

Monday, April 10, 2006 8:33:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Pardon, I said Geffen (can't believe I did that). You said Giffin. The truth, as they say, is somewhere in between: Giffen

Monday, April 10, 2006 8:47:00 AM

 
Blogger Mr. D said...

*@#$^$&#^%& I Hope I win the Nobel Prize for Economics so I can show it to you.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:34:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers