I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Pet ki Awaaz (PG advisory)

This post is dedicated to my stomach. Which comes up with the most wonderful sounds during quizzes.

Not what you are thinking.

The first time this happened was in an inter-college quiz in Delhi. We were shown a picture of the Udaipur Lake Palace and asked to identify the lake. This was a typical knowledge question (can't be worked out) and we had no clue. That's when I got this manna from my stomach - Lake Pichola it said. We wrote the answer. It was correct.

Yesterday, in another open quiz, it happened again. We were told about a Hungarian photographer, Ernest Freidmann, who had covered Spanish Civil War, WWII, Vietnam War and a few more. He was born in Hungary and then moved to Berlin/Paris and then to New York. The question was about his assumed name and why he called himself that.

We had no clue. The question passed through various teams before it reached us. The team just before us got the name right - Robert Capa. But they couldn't get the reason. It came to us and my pet (stomach) spoke again.

"He came to US, saw a poster of 'It's a Wonderful Life' and called himself after Frank Capra, which was amongst the few English words that he could make sense of", said I after hearing it from my stomach. It was correct.

Today, I have found that the real story isn't that cool, but still I got the points. All due to "pet ki awaaz".

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. D said...

you mean gut feel?

Monday, March 20, 2006 2:18:00 PM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Andar ki baat hai.

Monday, March 20, 2006 11:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers