I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Friday, March 31, 2006

Another outrageous blasphemy

Soon after we (all Indians) have recovered from outrageous tissue papers, posters, paintings and cartoons, a hippie store on the web has decided to offer the shivling on a thong.

It's distasteful (check out the ugly green colour), chauvinist (obvious phallic reference), outrageously expensive (Saare Paanch Sau rupaye ek chaddi ke liye? or 550 rupees for a G-string?) and suffers from bad puns (supplies are tight, it says). Time for us to protest, I say.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kaps said...

I hope you know that its one big April Fools Day prank.

Friday, March 31, 2006 12:59:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Isn't April Fools Day tomorrow? And I still demand an apology.

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:12:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

I was amazed to see 100 hits on my blog today (Saturday is always a lean day). Then, I figured.

The Honourable Sepia Mutiny has
apologised. All is well, now. Millions of Indians can go to sleep safely now. Heavens be praised. April Fool's Day goes off well!! :-)

For those worrying about my true intentions, here is what I have to say about such issues.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 6:41:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It should not matter if this was an aprils day prank or not. What matters is they choose to make fun of hindu dieties. A Shiv ling is worshipped all over India. And these people chose to put it on a thong. This is really bad humor.

I think this ought to be noted and reported to Hindu organizations in the US. Dhoomketu, thanks a lot for capturing these images. I am hoping I can distribute these images to people who care in the US.

Proud Indian

Saturday, April 01, 2006 9:46:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

Anonymous, somehow, I feel a little sorry for you.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers