I used to sit on the 21st floor. Now I am retired

Monday, February 20, 2006

Mohun Bagan AC - The National Club of India

Check out the Mohun Bagan AC - The National Club of India website. Especially the trips down memory lane and the 'ladies' section.

I like the "Only 7 men are enough to beat you natives" comment made by the Dalhousie Club dude. At the end of the match, even 11 were not good enough as they lost 6-1!!

Also in the ladies section, do read the food habits column. Haven't read something as earnest and funny in a long long time!!

"After a big win, in 1985-86, I can't remember properly, I saw my father was having worm rasogollas with friends, and they are having a bet on that. I remember that incident, because the next day, my father was admitted to the hospital after eating 73 rosogollas."

Bhaalo!! Bhaalo!!

5 Comments:

Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

I know two things about Mohun Bagan, the name of the captain and that bangals don't support Mohun Bagan.

Worm Rosogollas?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:20:00 AM

 
Blogger dhoomketu said...

The second might not be entirely true, as I find my family (mostly bangals) split between MB and EB.

I actually don't know the name of the captain now. Used to be a fan sometime back. Sigh.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:27:00 PM

 
Blogger La Figlia Che Piange said...

I know! I know! MEHTAB HUSSAIN! :D

(If you knew how sports-clueless I was, you'd know why I'm so happy I know, hehe)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 11:39:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not only a club, its a legend institute in the history of Indian Sports.

Friday, September 14, 2007 6:02:00 AM

 
Blogger Ajker Bhanu Singha said...

http://mohun-bagan.blogspot.com/

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Personal Blogs by Indian Bloggers